Hampstead Hill Academy is operated by the Baltimore
Curriculum Project, a local nonprofit organization
celebrating nearly a decade of service and student learning
HHA Staff 2010
- 610 PreK-8th grade students
- HHA is a tuition-free public charter school.
- We choose our own curriculum, decide who to hire when
there is a need, and have the control to make all day-to-day
budget decisions in the best interests of our students.
- All of our kindergarteners learn to read.
- We emphasize fluency and accuracy in reading.
- Knowledge, rigor and mastery are key components of our
- More than half of our 8th graders were admitted to City
College, Western High School and Polytechnic High School for
the 2009-2010 school year.
- We offer physical education, instrumental music, band,
computer science, art, library, Spanish, nutrition class as
well as a quality before and after-school care program.
- We have a successful chess team and basketball team as
well as wonderful clubs like art club, band, chorus, soccer,
debate, culinary arts and garden club.
- We have an orchestra with brand new violins, cellos and
- We have a band with nearly 70 instruments.
- There are two fulltime music teachers as well as an art
- We have weekly, interactive music class for every four
and five year-old in the building.
- There is a long standing partnership with the Creative
Alliance to provide afterschool and summer camp arts
- We have live outdoor music concerts featuring
professional artists three times a year.
- We also produce a spring musical each year. Past shows
include The Music Man, Aladdin, Annie and the Wizard of Oz.